Friday, December 2, 2011

Adoption: A Glorious Transformation | David Platt

[Great post by David Platt of The Church at Brook Hills. If you haven't read or listened to his "Radical" book/sermon series, we recommend it highly.]

When God transforms our status, He also changes our family. He calls us a new name (John 1:12-13), He gives us a new spirit (Romans 8:16), and He grants us complete access into His presence (Hebrews 4:14-16). Whereas we used to be afraid of God our Judge, we are now friends of God our Father! ...

As we prepare for one more full day in China tomorrow, I praise God for all He has done to change Mara Ruth’s status, family, and future. She is no longer an orphan; she is a daughter, and she now belongs in a family. At the same time, I praise God for all He has done to change my status, my family, and my future. I am no longer an orphan, enslaved to sin and destined for destruction. I am a son who has been adopted by an eternal Father into an eternal family with an eternal home waiting for all who have trusted in His Son for their salvation. Indeed, adoption is a glorious transformation.
To read the rest, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment