Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ready to Go

Many preparations, meetings, and much prayer have taken place even before we boarded the plane for Guatemala. And we have not done this alone! Friends and family have shared ideas; donated baby supplies, craft supplies, medical supplies for hospitals, sports equipment, clothes and more; bought baked goods, encouraged us, and made donations to help cover the costs of the trip; and prayed and then prayed some more. Thank you!!



We wanted to share one of the stories of God’s provision seen through the eyes of Thomas:

“A couple of days ago we saw an example of how God is working things for good. I had a doctor’s appointment that I did not want to go to. Earlier that day in school we had been studying how God works things for good from the life of Joseph. The day before the appointment my mom heard that some of Guatemala’s hospitals are shutting down because they do not have enough supplies. As we were at the doctors appointment my mom started telling our doctor about our trip to Guatemala. She shared about the needs of the hospitals. He offered to ask his medical supplier, who was coming that day, for some gauze pads, bandaids, ointments, and alcohol pads. I was encouraged to see God’s perfect timing.”



So to recap: Wednesday I heard about hospitals’ need for medical supplies in Guatemala. Thursday morning Thomas class learned about how the trials in Joseph’s life were used by God for good. Later that day Thomas had a doctor’s appointment that he did not want to go. We told the doctor about the need. The Dr said that his medical supplier was coming in late that day and would to ask for supplies. We received 2 large boxes of gauze, ointments, bandages, alcohol pads, iodine, scissors, and gloves. Thomas remembers the lesson from Joseph’s life. God knew the exact day we needed to be at the appointment way back when I scheduled the appointment. A day earlier and I would not have heard about the hospitals’ need. A day later and the medical supplier would have already been there. Tom still got a shot but we all saw God’s provision and plan. :-)


We have arrived safely at VOH late last night and will share more with you soon. ~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment